Best Convention Cities: Is Minneapolis a Good City for Live Event Production?
Ladies and gentlemen, searchers and seekers, we are happy to report that yes indeed, Minneapolis should be on your shortlist of best convention cities. We’re west of Chicago, east of Las Vegas, just south of the world’s largest freshwater lake and far north of your expectations.
Here are a few reasons why you should consider bringing your event or convention to Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Flyover No More
This midwest gem should be more than a flyover destination on your list of convention cities to consider.
Not only are we the official City of Lakes, but we are also the city of amazing museums, world-renowned theaters, top-shelf hotels, and good company. Our abundant chain of city lakes has inspired beautiful parks, recreation areas and miles upon miles of bike trails.
And speaking of aeronautics, the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport (ranked the best airport in North America 3 years in a row!) and Humphrey Terminal are an easy 20 minutes from the city. Fly in, fly out, but don’t fly over.
We Can Do That
Minneapolis is loaded with all the amenities and stellar venues you’d find in your more “traditional” and “expected” destination cities. What you’ll also find in Minneapolis is a refreshing lack of attitude, as in the bad, condescending and unpleasant variety. The city has also become a hub for new tech, bringing in a talent-rich and creative community.
The “W” Word
“Winter!” There, we’ve said it. When you live in a state with cold weather almost half the year there’s nothing left to do but embrace the bold north. We fill the winter months with plenty of events, activities and assorted hot beverages.
Your event has nothing to fear, we’re all-season savvy. Miles of an enclosed and fully heated skyway system crisscrosses downtown Minneapolis. The skyway links dozens of hotels, venues, restaurants, theaters, shopping, and well, essentially the entire downtown.
Breakin’ Down The Town
- Minneapolis Sculpture Garden – 11 acres and 40 installations of amazing outdoor art, and one huge blue rooster
- The Guthrie Theater and Walker Art Center – Both world-renowned institutions
- Minneapolis Convention Center – 1.6 million square feet of space including a 3,400 fixed-seat auditorium and 87 meeting rooms
- First Avenue & 7th Street Entry — An iconic music venue with star-splashed exterior
- The Fillmore Minneapolis – The newest Fillmore in the country is a state-of-the-art venue for concerts, food and drink with a 1,850-person capacity
- U.S. Bank Stadium – Home of the Minnesota Vikings
- Target Field – one of major league baseball’s newest stadiums and home of the Minnesota Twins
- The Armory — Former home of the Minnesota National Guard, Minnesota Lakers and the site of Prince’s 1999 music video
- Orchestra Hall — home to the world-class Minnesota Orchestra.
- Paisley Park — Prince’s home and studio
- Mall Of America — includes an indoor amusement park, arcades, ample restaurants, clubs, kilometers of strolling, shopping and unique events
This just scratches the surface of Minneapolis, so if you’re new to the area, give us a call at 952-206-7902. We’d love to show you around!