Hey there, fellow champions of personal and professional development! We’re excited to bring you the highlights from Kitty Hart’s recent appearance on the Thoughts That Rock podcast with hosts Jim Knight and Brant Menswar. Kitty, Heroic Productions’ VP of Client Brand Experience, shared three transformative thoughts on how to become the star of your own show every day.
THOUGHT #1 – View All the World as a Stage & Every Person a Player
To quote Shakespeare Kitty says, “All the world’s a stage and all the men and women merely players.” This profound thought holds the key to success both personally and in the business world. So, how do we apply this wisdom in our daily lives?
- Lists as GPS: Think of your to-do lists as your guiding stars. But remember, it’s not just about having a list; it’s about tackling it with purpose and enthusiasm.
- Dress for Success: Everything you do helps you create your own personal brand. This starts with the clothes you wear and how you present yourself. Kitty suggests thinking about the people you will be interacting with for the day and “level up one.” This shows people that you care and have come to the table prepared.
- Are You the Star or an Extra?: Brant challenged us to think about our daily approach. Are you treating each day like you’re a star in your own show, or are you merely an extra in someone else’s story? Remember, your power lies in your ability to take the lead.
THOUGHT #2 – Be Who You Are: It’s All About Authenticity (To Thine Own Self Be True)
People see through inauthenticity. Kitty passionately rejects the notion of “fake it till you make it.” Instead, she encourages you to manifest and work towards the life of your dreams.
- Authentic Armor: Authenticity is like a protective coat of armor. It’s crucial to find your voice and stick with it.
- Adapt Without Compromising: Jim reminds us that it’s okay to adapt to different audiences, but your core beliefs, values, and goals should always stay the same. The show must go on, even if you need to leave some baggage at the door.
- Discover Your Non-Negotiables: As Brant puts it, “You can’t be authentic until you figure out what your non-negotiable values are.” These principles are your compass in the vast world of life and work.
THOUGHT #3 – Bring Out the Best in Others
Kitty concluded her podcast appearance with yet another Shakespearean gem, “We know what we are but not what we may be.” It’s all about bringing out the best in others and fostering an environment of growth and support.
- Acknowledgment and Encouragement: Celebrate the strengths of others by acknowledging their talents. A simple compliment can have a tremendous impact. There is enough room for everyone to win.
- The Power of Leaders: Brant emphasized the importance of strong leaders, citing Michael Jordan as an example. While we need “Mr. Rogers” vibes, we also benefit from those who challenge us to be better. Healthy competition can be a powerful motivator.
- Choices in Leadership: Remember, there’s no one-size-fits-all approach to bringing out the best in others. Leaders may need to tailor their approaches when deciding how to inspire and lead, but the common goal is to help everyone reach their full potential.
So, there you have it! Three powerful thoughts to help you become the star of your own show every day. With Kitty’s wisdom and a touch of Shakespearean inspiration, you’re well on your way to achieving your personal and professional goals.
Let’s embrace each day as our own show, and make it a blockbuster worth watching!
Explore more about Heroic Productions, visit our website.
To get in touch with Kitty Hart directly, simply shoot her an email.