May 7, 2020
The Forgotten Secret to Creating More Engaging Virtual Events
There is an undeniable “experience” associated with in-person events –
The face to face interaction…
The energy and inspiration after a great speaker…
The celebration during an award ceremony…
Even the anticipation of traveling to a new venue…
The new challenge is answering the question: how do you capture that same “experience” VIRTUALLY?
Your audience deserves (and expects) the same level of engagement at a virtual event as they do at an in-person event. One of the best ways to connect with your audience is by delivering compelling, relevant, and “virtually dynamic” speakers.
Not sure where to start in this new virtual event world? We can help.
Start by understanding what makes a good virtual keynote or presentation.
You may be surprised to know that many speakers who are excellent onstage in front of a live audience, may not have that same impact on camera. Many different skills and preparation go into the creation and delivery of a virtual presentation. For this reason, it’s important to ask for the speaker’s virtual demo video. If they don’t have one yet, have an in-depth conversation about the speaker’s experience presenting virtually.
Here are some important questions to ask when determining an engaging virtual speaker or presenter:
- What’s the speaker’s comfort and experience level presenting virtually?
- Can they deliver a shortened presentation (max 35 – 40 min)?
- Do they have compelling content?
- Will they incorporate high-quality graphics and images?
- Will there be recorded video? (Make sure you’re choosing the appropriate streaming platform to best highlight that type of content)
- Do they have the ability to engage the audience interactively: polling, gamification, Q&A, word clouds?
- Do they have access to high-quality production (like Heroic’s STUDIO 15 live streaming sound stage)?
- Will they leave the audience with tangible take-away material (digital copy of book; written summary of key ideas; app to support action)?
Virtual events, when properly executed, can be engaging and even memorable. The key, which applies no matter what the event medium, is to relentlessly focus on the quality of your audience’s experience.
With the right content and the right delivery, you can bring your virtual event audience to its feet, even if it is in the comfort of their own home.