If a picture is worth a thousand words, then imagine the value of combining the sight, sound, and experience of an “I didn’t see that coming!” live performance at a corporate event!
World class entertainment, positioned correctly, will generate a buzz and improve corporate event audience engagement. It gets people excited about what’s coming next, and it doesn’t have to blow the budget!
There are lots of things to consider, but here is a great place to start:
The Triple Wow. Do you have the budget for all three “WOW’s?” Does it even make sense for your event? Let me explain.
What are WOWs and How do You Measure Them?
- Your attendees realize who will be performing at your next event, and they say, “WOW, I can’t wait!”
- They experience the performance live and say, “WOW! That was amazing!”
- Once home, they tell others, “WOW! You’ll never guess who I got to see perform live!”
- Your attendees realize who the performing artist will be. The artist is not well known to some. Your audience loves the performance, and you hear, “WOW, I had no idea! I am a new fan!”
- Once home, they tell others, “WOW, eventhe entertainment was fantastic!”
- Your attendees consider the event and unknown (but fabulous) entertainment a success, and say, “WOW! What a great event! It was fun, surprising, and memorable.”
It comes down to what you’re trying to create. Corporate event audience engagement should always be the goal, but budgets sometimes don’t allow for the “triple wow!” That’s okay, imaginative planning can still create those moments of surprise that inject energy and generate lasting memories.
- Pro tip: If you are hiring a lesser known (but fabulous) artist for a final night celebration, find a way to tease the audience during a general session. This could be a short performance during the beginning of the show. For example, the right song to introduce the CEO as he takes the stage, or an unexpected interview with the artist about something relevant to the audience (their version of successful marketing, innovation, trends, etc.).
This will inject energy into the general session and will create anticipation for the performance. Many audience members are not big music/theater fans or have very specific taste, but that doesn’t mean they won’t enjoy a great performance! Give them a taste of what they are in for. You’ll be surprised how much excitement you will create.
Recommended Reading: Choosing Your Corporate Event Entertainment
Get More WOW!
Entertainment can be more powerful than we often give it credit for. In an age defined by immersive and interactive experiences, how will your company drive corporate event audience engagement?
Call Kris or contact us for a few more great ideas that will most definitely WOW!